Products in Demeter quality
The requirements for Demeter quality go even further than the rules of the EU Organic Regulation:
- The entire operation must be changed.
- Livestock is duty.
- The animals receive only organic feed, of which a large part in Demeter quality. At least 50 percent of the feed coming from the farm.
- No painful dehorning of cows.
- Use of biodynamic preparations from herbs, minerals and cow dung.
- Bio-Dynamic seed breeding.
- Only thirteen absolutely necessary additives are allowed in the processing. Iodization, nitrite and so-called natural flavors are prohibited. Only flavoring preparations are approved.
More information can be found on the webside of Demeter on www.demeter.de.
We carry a range of Demeter products in our online shop.
Demeter Certificate PDF (ca. 3,5 MB)
The Fairtrade Mark is an independently controlled product label for Fair Trade. The people in the south are in focus, therefore, small farmers and workers in the developing countries are specifically promoted and their position on the global market improves.
Only products that meet the requirements of the international Fairtrade standards may carry the Fairtrade mark. Important components of the standards include:
- A fixed minimum price that covers the costs of sustainable production
- A Fairtrade bonus that must be used by the farmer cooperatives to finance projects that benefit the community: such as the construction of a school, an hospital or investments in local infrastructure
- The prohibition of forced labor and exploitative child labor
- Discrimination is prohibited
- A bonus for organically grown products
- Environmental standards restrict the use of pesticides and chemicals and ban genetically modified seeds.
Products of Fairtrade
The aim is to make the consumer responsible and dismantle poverty in the South. Fairtrade stands for ethical behavior, sustainability and transparency - and thus builds a bridge between producers and consumers. People who buy Fairtrade products, make through their purchase a concrete contribution to sustainably improving the lives of farmers and their families. In Germany, the seal gets awarded of TransFair, "Verein zur Förderung des Fairen Handels mit der „Dritten Welt“ e.V.. Currently, 1.4 million small farmers and workers benefit in more than 74 countries from the Fair Trade.
For more information visit Fairtrade.
Fairtrade Certificate PDF(ca. 100 kb)